Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hmmm..

When I first started this blog I decided that I wouldn't post unless I had something profound to say. This decision led to the sparse offerings that have been presented to you, my readers, this last year of blogging. Suffice to say I am convinced that it is time for a change, henceforth I will blog when I have something profound to say AND when my exhausted mind decides to randomly wander.

I make this decision in the spirit of NaNoWriMo. I'm sure many of you have heard of this movement that's been around for a few years, wherein average people try their hand at writing a 50,000 word novel or story during the month of November. A few of my friends that I see on a fairly regular basis, and I'm sure many of you that I don't, have taken on this arduous task. To those brave writers, I commend you!! It is impressive the amount of dedication it requires to undertake this task ~2000 words per day. Those who attempt this feat are pushed to the limits of their patience, endurance and creative genius in order to add to the literary world. 

Another literature related project I've been involved with is the creation and publication of the CU Literaria Society's 2012 Palimpsest Journal. It is a creative arts journal and I have been plugging it on a few social media sites for the last few months. This awesome journal consists of submissions from all over the world, ranging in formats, including: creative non-fiction, short stories, visual art and even musical scores. Palimpsest is a journal published by the CU Literaria Society.  In addition to this journal I'm helping to organize its publication celebration (Palimpsest Festival) which, if you're in Boulder on the 1st of Dec. you should check out. Its also never to late to start working on a piece to submit for 2013 at palimpsestjournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment