Sunday, November 27, 2011

Unexpected moments

Audrey Hepburn once said "To have beautiful lips, say beautiful things; to have beautiful eyes look at people and see the good in them; to stay thin share a meal with someone who is hungry."

I had an unexpected encounter this weekend at the airport, wherein I had a chat with someone who hurt me in the past. We have both since moved on with our lives but what was interesting about this encounter was how at peace I was with having a friendly chat with this person, and how I was finally (after 2 years or so) able to truly wish the best for them. To me this proves the adage that time heals all wounds. That is not to say that they wont hurt but perhaps they hurt less and less as we ourselves to accept the hurt as a learning experience and allow ourselves to move on and grow.

I would add to the above quote that to have a beautiful life recognize the moments where you need serenity and those moments will make you who you are meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Its never to late to make up for what wrongs you have done in the past. Glad to hear that you have found resolve in the situation and that you are at peace. KUDOS

    ReplyDelete